The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BUG: Packages do not tranfer on copy from box A to B

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sexy_guy, May 4, 2003.

1. sexy_guy

sexy_guy Well-Known Member

I copied my reseller account from one server to another. His packages did not transfer. So we spent 1/2 hour recreating the packages on the new server to match the packages on the old. Just another bug to fix.

2. Sash

Sash Well-Known Member

We experienced the same bug. All of the packages can be found in /var/cpanel/packages/ , it is easier to copy the files from there than create each package via the UI.

Mike

3. sexy_guy

And another thing. This reseller has 13 sites. 10 transfered to the new server 3 refused to transfer. Zero bytes in the tar. There is no difference between whats in the sites for these 3 compared to other 10 yet the tar fails. One cpanel server to another cpanel server fails the copy mind you.

4. sexy_guy

Since you and Annette are so close to Nick can you tell us what his proposing to do about all the bugs reported countless times in the forums? I mean i am certainly waiting anxiously to find answers and to get answers but we seemed to be getting the cold shoulder here. I think that is very unfair since we are spending our waking hours in the forums posting about it and paying them money for zero support. Whats the proposal. Are they going to keep ignoring us or should we move on? I would really like to hear view on this. Hopefully your reply will be more than 2 lines. Thank you.

5. sexy_guy

I dont understand what you mean by they are not TRUE bugs? Of course they are. I have posted a handful myself and i can assure you i havent made them up. Thats crazy. And how do we get in irc.efnet.net?

6. cass

cass Well-Known Member

I got the same problem here ...
    but actually discovered what's wrong ...
    first of all... it will NOT COPY any package if the directory doesn't exist (I got a new server... stared copy things, and packets failed cause the dir doesnt exist on a new installed cpanel ...)
    sure It create the dir when you add your first package (but I actually was moving things... and have not created anyone before)

then... I got it and create the dir....
    start a copy again for the packages ... WILL work...

BUT... another error was that it will NOT copy packages with SPACES on it.

so... I need to rename the packets.... uff... well, a lot of work to just copy from my server to a new one ...

So, this IS A BUG .... :D

Regards.