The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Report

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PCZero, Feb 1, 2004.

1. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

I had a user under domain-one.com who had a user/account name of foo. A new user with domain-foo.com signed up and needed to use the account name foo. I used the rename function in WHM to rename the original account to bar. Added the new acount with user name foo. Later the original account (now bar) left so I deleted it. Both accounts were nuked when I deleted the original account and now when I try to add the second account back in it tells me that foo is already taken. When I go to the upgrade accounts list there is no entry for foo in the user list. I need to fix this ASAP please let me know how to purge all of the data in whatever files necessary so I can add foo back in under the new user.

2. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

more info: the domain for the second account is still listed when I go into the account sectin of WHM and click Show Active and Inactive Accounts. It is listed as an Active domain. I have no inactive domains. The name does not resolve in IE and I cant log into the account.

3. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

Go this all cleared up but had to manually delete every reference to the 2nd account from all files on the server. Then had to go in and rebuild the acount. This bug should be investigated and fixed.