Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Bug ? When I send using SMTP, the server pings my IP...

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by mpierre, Jan 23, 2004.

1. mpierre

mpierre Well-Known Member

And it does so repeatatly...

I tried it on my CPanel boxes, and it seems all of them are doing that : they I try sending, it pings my IP first.

Is there a way to disable that behavior ?

the reason is simply... my router ( on which I do not have complete control ) BLOCKS for 20 minutes any IP address that pings my external IP.

As such, everytime I send an e-mail, BEFORE IT IS EVEN SENT, the ping ensures that the IP will be blocked for 20 minutes !

I tested, and it appears consistant.

I even tried using a domain on a dedicated IP, and using his domain name for SMTP server ( which was not blocked ) and the PINGS started.

I did another test :

Took my e-mails on a server not blocked.

It worked.

Tried sending an e-mail, BANG, I get blocked.

Has anyone noticed that ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mpierre

mpierre Well-Known Member

BTW, I have also tested unchecking the Exim box : "Verify the existance of sender".

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...