Bug with Roundcube when delete with "all" option selected

webmastergreg

Dec 19, 2010
Paris
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello
since the last cPanel update (68.0.37) and so the last Update cpanel-roundcubemail to 1.3.3-4.cp1164 to fix CVE-2018-9846.

Put some emails to trash, then on the trash bin page, when we select the "all" option and click delete. An error pop-up occurs and the messages are not deleted.
On the other hand if one chooses the option "current page" it functions normally.

Thanks in advance

Screenshot-2018-4-18-Webmail---Principal.jpg

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello @webmastergreg

We are aware of this issue and are tracking it in an internal case CPANEL-19842 - Mass deleting emails in Roundcube results in "Server Error"

It looks like we have identified a workaround in the internal case though -

Select the visible emails with SHIFT LEFT click to highlight the emails and delete using the "Delete" button in the tool bar or delete the messages one by one.
Updates to this case will be added to our changelogs when they're available. You can check them here: Change Logs - Change Logs - cPanel Documentation

Reactions: webmastergreg

Julianno Nogueira

Registered
Apr 20, 2018
Brazil
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hello, any update on this matter? We have sereval users complaining this same issue and looks like its been around for over 6 months now!

What are the most updated checks on it please?

Thanks in advance!

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @Julianno Nogueira

The internal case is actively being worked but the resolution for it is not applied to a cPanel version as of yet. I'll do my best to update here once the case is resolved, they are indicating that once they have a resolution for it, it will be backported to v68

Thank you,

webmastergreg

Dec 19, 2010
Paris
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,
"around for over 6 months" ?

I don't think so. By my side it was like this only since max the last two updates.

Just choose the "Actual page" option instead.

Will be ok soon anyway, perhaps on the next update.

Regards

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Thank you @webmastergreg! There is an official workaround as indicated previously which you can inform your users of:

Select the visible emails with SHIFT LEFT click to highlight the emails and delete using the "Delete" button in the tool bar or delete the messages one by one.

Reactions: Metro2

Krugger

Registered
Apr 24, 2018
Santiago de Chile
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello ... after uploading the last update from the WHM panel, I started to present this massive email removal error.

Thank you can streamline the solution, as it is clearly in the version v68.0.37, recently released.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello, @Krugger

Please see the previous posts in this thread, this issue is a current internal case which is being worked on CPANEL-19842. Updates to this case will be added to our changelogs when they're available. You can check them here: Change Logs - Change Logs - cPanel Documentation

When it is fixed for v70 it will be backported to v68

Thank you!

JawadArshad

PartnerNOC
Apr 8, 2008
PK
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
As I mentioned in my last post this issue is not fixed yet:
When this happens, does it happen uniformly on all email accounts. A client is facing this issue but only on one email on the domain and deleting Trash using the same method works just fine on another email account on the same domain on the same server.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
When this happens, does it happen uniformly on all email accounts. A client is facing this issue but only on one email on the domain and deleting Trash using the same method works just fine on another email account on the same domain on the same server.
It should be uniform, for all accounts on the same server

We need a fix for this problem ! I have thousands of emails I need to move it to archive folder !
This issue is fixed in v70.0.29 of cPanel which is slated to move to release today (or early this week)

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @dbMG

This error doesn't appear to be quite the same, here it looks like it may have been too many emails to delete at once and Roundcube couldn't process it. None the less, can you please open a ticket using the link in my signature so that we can take a closer look? Once the ticket is open please reply with the ticket ID so we can update this thread.

Thanks!