The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build 62/64 - Subdomain Enabling Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jsteel, Sep 3, 2002.

1. jsteel

jsteel Well-Known Member

Ever since build 62 (and now 64), I am having problems with enabling subdomains in WHM. I click on the 'eanble/disable subdomains' link, select the domain, and it comes up saying they are not enabled for that domain. I then click the 'Enable' button and it reports subdomains are now enabled. When I go back into that same domain it keeps saying they are disabled, no matter how many times I 'enable' them.

Jaz

2. felix220

felix220 Active Member

ditto

This is also happening with

WHM 5.0.0
    Cpanel 5.0.0-12
    RedHat 7.2

Which script fixes this.. :p

3. nost

nost Well-Known Member

Same here ...

Hi there,

I got the same problem here :

WHM 5.0.0
    Cpanel 5.0.0-23
    RedHat 7.2

&quote&
    I am having problems with enabling subdomains in WHM. I click on the 'eanble/disable subdomains' link, select the domain, and it comes up saying they are not enabled for that domain. I then click the 'Enable' button and it reports subdomains are now enabled. When I go back into that same domain it keeps saying they are disabled, no matter how many times I 'enable' them
    &/quote&

Regards,

Dany Boucher

4. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

Same here, but it seems that even though it says that, that users are able to add subdomains. It appears that the only thing that it is not doing is adding the wildcard dns entry.

5. Ren

Ren Member

Yes I have the exact same problems

WHM 5.0.0
    Cpanel 5.0.0-28
    RedHat 7.3

is there gonna be a fix for this soon ? and is there a way to enable them , like a work around to this problem ?

6. bdraco

bdraco Guest

I can't find a problem with this. I'd recommend submitting a support ticket so this can be looked at on a per case basis.

7. Ren

Ren Member

already sent bdraco:)

8. Ren

Ren Member

seems you don't need to enable them anymore via WHM , here is what another user told me in the other thread I made on this :

quote][i:a458494f88]Originally posted by jumpdomain[/i:a458494f88]

You don't have to enable subdomains anymore in WHM... They work with all new accounts as long as you give them subdomains when you setup their account (ie put in a number in the subdomain field). That use to put a wildcard entry into the DNS zone but CPanel now adds an entry for each subdomain.
    [/quote]

http://forums.cpanel.net/post.php?action=reply&TID=4533&PID=19161&page=1

I tested and it actually works like he said :) so I guess no need to maually enable them anymore. Nick any comments on this ?

9. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:4d9eed8973][i:4d9eed8973]Originally posted by Ren[/i:4d9eed8973]

seems you don't need to enable them anymore via WHM , here is what another user told me in the other thread I made on this :

quote][i:4d9eed8973]Originally posted by jumpdomain[/i:4d9eed8973]

You don't have to enable subdomains anymore in WHM... They work with all new accounts as long as you give them subdomains when you setup their account (ie put in a number in the subdomain field). That use to put a wildcard entry into the DNS zone but CPanel now adds an entry for each subdomain.
    [/quote:4d9eed8973]

http://forums.cpanel.net/post.php?action=reply&TID=4533&PID=19161&page=1

I tested and it actually works like he said :) so I guess no need to maually enable them anymore. Nick any comments on this ?

[/quote]

The Option in WHM should really be changed to add/remove wildcard as its not needed for subdomains in cpanel anymore, however it still doesn't change the fact that you are having a problem with it, and I'll do whatever it takes to fix it (after I get a few hours of sleep since its no longer critical to you I assume).

10. Ren

Ren Member

no it's not critical issue as sub domains will create , so yes please get some sleep:)

but like you said it does need fixed somewhat.