Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

build_apache_conf docroot creation

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by ChrisFirth, Nov 27, 2013.

1. ChrisFirth

ChrisFirth Active Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi,

I noticed when a users docroot doesn't exist (renamed or deleted for what ever reason) and /usr/local/cpanel/bin/build_apache_conf is run to regenerate the apache config it creates a new docroot for the user:

info [build_apache_conf] Creating missing document root /home/myuser/public_html for myuser

The permissions for the new docroot seem to be different compared to the defaults for the public_html folder for new accounts. The build_apache_conf made docroot has 755 permission and is owned by the same user/group. On a new account that is created public_html has 750 permissions and is owned by the user but the group is nobody.

I believe the docroot created by build_apache_conf should also be the same permissions, 750, is there any way I can correct this?

Thanks

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello :)

Please open a bug report for this issue via:

Submit A Bug Report

You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...