The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buildapache.sea ?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by NetGeek, Jun 21, 2002.

1. NetGeek

NetGeek Well-Known Member

What are the exact steps required to install the new apache upgrade to close that sec. hole ? Are there any prerquistes or precauions needed to be done ?

* it is a new server, no sites yet *

TIA

2. itf

itf Well-Known Member

connect to your server via SSH:

wget http://layer1.cpanel.net/buildapache.sea
    sh builapache.sea

select 1 beginner during installation

sit back and relax until the end of installation

restart apache

3. NetGeek

NetGeek Well-Known Member

Do I have to download it ? the CPanel news bulliten says u can simply run /scripts/buildapache.sea

And I have seen some posts here indicating some problems while updating.

4. parag

parag Well-Known Member

[quote:43d9e2184c][i:43d9e2184c]Originally posted by NetGeek[/i:43d9e2184c]

Do I have to download it ? the CPanel news bulliten says u can simply run /scripts/buildapache.sea

And I have seen some posts here indicating some problems while updating.

[/quote:43d9e2184c]

it never tells you to run /scripts/buildapache.sea... the news says simply run /scripts/easyapache

running easyapache will eliminate the steps for you to download the buildapache.sea and then run it manually with sh buildapache.sea

the easyapache script will create a directory for buildapache - download the buildapache.sea and then it will also execute it.

just run /scripts/easyapache and then select the option 1 and wait for the installation to get over.

thats it
    Parag

5. acetate

acetate Active Member

[quote:814c516daa]Also you can now select if you wish to build curl with or without ssl support (ssl in curl has been know to cause problems on redhat 6.2 platforms).[/quote:814c516daa]

Where do I select this?? I selected advanced and dont see anything for curl..

6. mpope2

mpope2 Well-Known Member

Has anyone found out how to install buildapache.sea with &curl with ssl& support?

I need this on one of my servers. I believe it is just an option in the buildapache.sea that was left out for this one. (go to the directory that you ran buildapache.sea , there should be a buildapache directory. Go in that directory and open config.pl, you will see a bunch of options, one of which is php-curl-ssl which has a value 0 meaning it will not be installed).

Does anyone know how to manipulate buildapache.sea to get it to include this?

7. tabernack

tabernack Well-Known Member

[quote:d47aa2447b][i:d47aa2447b]Originally posted by mpope2[/i:d47aa2447b]

Has anyone found out how to install buildapache.sea with &curl with ssl& support?

I need this on one of my servers. I believe it is just an option in the buildapache.sea that was left out for this one. (go to the directory that you ran buildapache.sea , there should be a buildapache directory. Go in that directory and open config.pl, you will see a bunch of options, one of which is php-curl-ssl which has a value 0 meaning it will not be installed).

Does anyone know how to manipulate buildapache.sea to get it to include this?

[/quote:d47aa2447b]

1. /scripts/easyapache
    2. advanced
    3. in the menu that pops up select 'PHP Module' -& then select 'Curl with SSL Support'

:)

8. mpope2

mpope2 Well-Known Member

Hmm... I looked all over that menu but must have missed that! ;)

9. fujiwara takumi

fujiwara takumi Active Member

i didnt realize that was a menu, :doh:. for those in the future who might read this that php module mess is sub menu, simply click "enter" on it. Yes, i know this sounds obvious to a lot of people....