Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

buildapache.sea ?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by NetGeek, Jun 21, 2002.

1. NetGeek

NetGeek Well-Known Member

What are the exact steps required to install the new apache upgrade to close that sec. hole ? Are there any prerquistes or precauions needed to be done ?

* it is a new server, no sites yet *

TIA

2. itf

itf Well-Known Member

connect to your server via SSH:

wget http://layer1.cpanel.net/buildapache.sea
    sh builapache.sea

select 1 beginner during installation

sit back and relax until the end of installation

restart apache

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. NetGeek

NetGeek Well-Known Member

Do I have to download it ? the CPanel news bulliten says u can simply run /scripts/buildapache.sea

And I have seen some posts here indicating some problems while updating.

4. parag

parag Well-Known Member

[quote:43d9e2184c][i:43d9e2184c]Originally posted by NetGeek[/i:43d9e2184c]

Do I have to download it ? the CPanel news bulliten says u can simply run /scripts/buildapache.sea

And I have seen some posts here indicating some problems while updating.

[/quote:43d9e2184c]

it never tells you to run /scripts/buildapache.sea... the news says simply run /scripts/easyapache

running easyapache will eliminate the steps for you to download the buildapache.sea and then run it manually with sh buildapache.sea

the easyapache script will create a directory for buildapache - download the buildapache.sea and then it will also execute it.

just run /scripts/easyapache and then select the option 1 and wait for the installation to get over.

thats it
    Parag

5. acetate

acetate Active Member

[quote:814c516daa]Also you can now select if you wish to build curl with or without ssl support (ssl in curl has been know to cause problems on redhat 6.2 platforms).[/quote:814c516daa]

Where do I select this?? I selected advanced and dont see anything for curl..

6. mpope2

mpope2 Well-Known Member

Has anyone found out how to install buildapache.sea with &curl with ssl& support?

I need this on one of my servers. I believe it is just an option in the buildapache.sea that was left out for this one. (go to the directory that you ran buildapache.sea , there should be a buildapache directory. Go in that directory and open config.pl, you will see a bunch of options, one of which is php-curl-ssl which has a value 0 meaning it will not be installed).

Does anyone know how to manipulate buildapache.sea to get it to include this?

7. tabernack

tabernack Well-Known Member

[quote:d47aa2447b][i:d47aa2447b]Originally posted by mpope2[/i:d47aa2447b]

Has anyone found out how to install buildapache.sea with &curl with ssl& support?

I need this on one of my servers. I believe it is just an option in the buildapache.sea that was left out for this one. (go to the directory that you ran buildapache.sea , there should be a buildapache directory. Go in that directory and open config.pl, you will see a bunch of options, one of which is php-curl-ssl which has a value 0 meaning it will not be installed).

Does anyone know how to manipulate buildapache.sea to get it to include this?

[/quote:d47aa2447b]

1. /scripts/easyapache
    2. advanced
    3. in the menu that pops up select 'PHP Module' -& then select 'Curl with SSL Support'

:)

8. mpope2

mpope2 Well-Known Member

Hmm... I looked all over that menu but must have missed that! ;)

9. fujiwara takumi

fujiwara takumi Active Member

i didnt realize that was a menu, :doh:. for those in the future who might read this that php module mess is sub menu, simply click "enter" on it. Yes, i know this sounds obvious to a lot of people....