Building a API based Frontend

jwhm

Feb 22, 2021
United Kingdom
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Is it possible to build a custom front-end, using the cPanel API.

I have currently, a tightly integrated frontend with WHMCS(Built in Laravel), I wish to allow customers to create addon domains, email accounts etc without actually logging into cPanel directly, instead manipulating their cPanel account through my frontend, where I have full control.

Is this possible? I've seen cPanelExtended completes this task, however I am currently not using WHMCS templating AT ALL.

cPanelTJ

Product Owner
Staff member
Jan 29, 2019
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Yes, this is possible. The cPanel UI is completely driven by the API, so every front end function has an API to control it. If your custom frontend is on a remote server, then you'd need to create one or more cPanel API Tokens for each cPanel account upon creation to manage access.

You'll want to use cPanel UAPI and cPanel API 2, depending on the functionality you're trying to re-create.

Reactions: cPRex

jwhm

Feb 22, 2021
United Kingdom
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Okay,

Great, so I want to automate this process so that I don't have to be involved.

Would it be possible to automatically generate the API access for each user account upon creation through WHM/ WHMCS?

jwhm

Feb 22, 2021
United Kingdom
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
I can only access WHM/cPanel, the product I am using currently only asks for a WHM API key, and allows customers through my WHMCS installation to add email accounts, domains, etc to their cPanel, through that WHM key, how can I achieve that?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hmmm...what about this?

That's a user-level token that you can create through an API call.

jwhm

Feb 22, 2021
United Kingdom
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
I have an existing user base of 300 plus customers, I couldn’t go back through them and generate individual API keys, I’d need to be able to do it either on the fly or through WHMs api key.