The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Building Apache & PHP w/curl

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by AlexF, Aug 3, 2004.

1. AlexF

AlexF Well-Known Member

If someone can enlighten me on this issue:

I need curl to be installed with PHP. Now, I rebuilt Apache and choose curl (and curl SSL) as one of the options but it seems that PHP was not compiled with curl. Any suggestions?

2. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

Hmm....

Are you relying on the php info provided by phpmyadmin to determine that curls/php was not installed?

Try creating a test.php script that invokes phpinfo(), upload to your site and see what it reports.

-------------------------
    <?
    phpinfo();
    ?>
    ------------------------

3. AlexF

AlexF Well-Known Member

No, I was going by an error of an application that I use which requires curl. I also tried the phpinfo test as mentioned above and curl is not listed anywhere.

Originally, I had installed 4.3.8 without checking the 4.3.3 and PHP did not work, so I then rechecked both versions and PHP started working again. Should I just go back to 4.3.3 or could this be another issue.

Specs: FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE-p12 / WHM 9.4.0 cPanel 9.4.1-C72

#3 AlexF, Aug 3, 2004
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2004
  4. AlexF

AlexF Well-Known Member

Just to update everyone on this matter (FYI):

In order to get this problem corrected, I needed to rebuild Apache without either PHP versions (4.3.3 or 4.3.8). Once that finished, I went ahead and rebuilt Apache w/PHP 4.3.3 only, then once again rebuilt Apache with both PHP 4.3.3 and 4.3.8.

Sounds confusing and doubling up the work but it was the only way to get Curl installed. It seems to me that building Apache with PHP 4.3.8 would not install curl, hence why I needed to double up on the procedure. At least this worked for me.... :)