Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Bulk Editing User PHP-FPM YAML Files

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by BobHoliday, Feb 8, 2019.

1. BobHoliday

BobHoliday Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm in the process of trying to optimally and securely configure my cP server on which all accounts run under PHP-FPM.

A couple of the accounts (Drupal) need PHP functions like ini_set and curl_exec etc which ideally I want disabled on all other accounts.

Seems the solution for this is to enable ini_set and curl_exec etc globally and then manually disable them on all but the accounts I wish to be able to still use them.

This would involve manually editing a LOT of YAML files - which is always a pain in the backside, especially if a mistake is accidentally made in the syntax- knocking out Apache for a time while it's resolved.

I've just happened upon this PHP script on GitHub which can make automatic changes to ALL accounts' yaml files (or a subset, see options):

github.com/aetherweb/bulkyamleditor

Thought I'd share as it might be useful to others.

#1 BobHoliday, Feb 8, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2019
  2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @BobHoliday

Thanks for sharing, I should note that we don't guarantee the functionality of the script nor is it produced by cPanel. Also look forward to a UI for PHP-FPM modifications in v78 of cPanel which can be found at WHM>>Software>>MultiPHP Manage -> System PHP-FPM Configuration

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...