The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bulk mails with cpanel servers

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by neo4242002, Mar 20, 2006.

1. neo4242002

neo4242002 Well-Known Member

I know bulk mail is bad. but one of our client have been asking me about the best way to send bulk email.

Last time, AOL has completely blocked our mail server and no other domain in this server was able to send emails to AOL user. However the client claims that these mails contain only their Newsletter information and these email address were collected from the users who has registered with their website.

So what they need is an SMTP server to send high volumes of newsletters.
    We are talking 60,000 to 100,000.

what is the best way/tool/setup available with my cpanel server to fulfil his requirement?

any advice guys? :confused: :confused:

2. msquared

msquared Member

I would be cautious on a request like this. I would be asking your client and myself the following questions:

1. How long have you had this client?
    2. How did they send this newsletter before?
    3. Is this their first newsletter they are sending?
    4. Can your client provide you with positive documentation that all 60,000 – 100,000 email accounts have been confirmed to receive their newsletter?
    5. What time frame are they asking for to send the newsletter?

It all comes down to your ‘gut feeling’ on approving or providing such a request. Being blacklisted for sending spam is the last thing that you want to see happen. AOL blocking you will be a small nuisance compared to the task of getting yourself off those lists.

3. richy

richy Well-Known Member

4. neo4242002

neo4242002 Well-Known Member

Hi this guy is one of my prospective clients, and I do not want to loos him at any cost. Answers to your questions are

1. How long have you had this client?

More than 2 years now

2. How did they send this newsletter before?

Well. They haven’t done anything big before. But this time they wanted to improve their business with newsletter campaign

3. Is this their first newsletter they are sending?

No.. they send newsletter all the time.. but last time time they were stuck around 10000 to 15000, but as I said they relay interesting to keep in touch with their clients with this newsletters

4. Can your client provide you with positive documentation that all 60,000 – 100,000 email accounts have been confirmed to receive their newsletter?
    I host their online subscription database. So I know they are true and no hidden games. ;-)

5. What time frame are they asking for to send the newsletter?

Did not mention, the question is what time fram I can offer them. But it has to be faire for both parties

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You need to be sure that not only were the signups for the newletter opt-ins, but they were signing up using a closed-loop opt-in:
    http://www.spamhaus.org/mailinglists.html

Anything else, and you're much more likely to be reported as a spammer.

TBH, I would have the client send their newsletter out using their ISP's SMTP server instead of your server - it's simply not worth the risk.