The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying cPanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by thunderdownunde, Jan 8, 2005.

1. thunderdownunde

Hi guys I've look at the cPanel shop and when i go to to your forms and finish filling them out and press the the button it comes back saying You must enter a valid ip address that you are wanting to license. (1) is not a valid IP address! whats the go there what do you mean by IP will that be my website isp address.

:confused:

2. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

To clarify, cpanel/whm is for dedicated servers/webhosts. So the IP address would be the server's main/hostname IP.

If you are an "end user" and just want to use cpanel to manage your webspace, just search for a webhost that offers cpanel to their users.

3. thunderdownunde

All i want to do is setupa One Year License Ip don't i have to register for an ip Number here in Australia. with the (IRC) i have my web site host with someone ese that has cpanel thats how i came across this web site. if some can help us out with the form that would be great.....
    :cool:

4. casey

casey Well-Known Member

You will need to get an IP address for your dedicated server from your dedicated server provider. Then you will input that IP address on the order form and the license will be for that IP address.