mpi

Mar 29, 2006
okay so my 15-day trial end tomorrow, april 15th.

the $425 one-time-one-year is a bit too much for me at the time so i've decide to go with one of the companies which provide it monthly...i found one for $30/month.

my uqstions are:

1. whre is the absolute cheapest place to get it?

and

2. if i go through a reseller and not cpanel itself, will i have to reinstall everything with what the reseller give me? or do i just go to some file and change my access code or something?

can someone explain this?

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
The cheapest way is to get a dedicated server from a datacenter that either includes it in the monthly price or offers it at the internal cost ($20~$30 usually). Otherwise you're looking at resellers which provide external licensing at around $50~$55 (search for cPanel licensing on google). They will register your current IP address through themselves, there's nothing you need to do WRT server configuration for a resold license.

mpi

Mar 29, 2006
dad

chirpy said:
The cheapest way is to get a dedicated server from a datacenter that either includes it in the monthly price or offers it at the internal cost ($20~$30 usually). Otherwise you're looking at resellers which provide external licensing at around $50~$55 (search for cPanel licensing on google). They will register your current IP address through themselves, there's nothing you need to do WRT server configuration for a resold license.
i already have a dedicated server...i'm collocating it but since its collo, they don't offer anything like cpanel...etc....they just provide space/connection/power.

so does that mean i'm stuck with the $55?

also, how can i find out when my cpanel expires? and when it does expire, does my whole server go down or will i just not be able to login to whm or cpanel?

mpi

Mar 29, 2006
dsadsa

okay, so i just bought cpanel from cplicensing.net and got it activated instatly....they were the cheapest ones i found....but anyway, i don't know if that's what caused it but when i login to the cpanel, i see:

Code:
 [COLOR="Red"]No contact email has been set. You will be unable to receive notifications or reset your password if you do not set a contact email address.[/COLOR]
and then when i go and set an emaill address, it says "Contact Email has been set to [email protected] for domain.com. " but when i go back to the cpanel home pag, i see the same error.....

this won't change either:
Code:
Last login from: None Recorded.
i don't see how it could but did the upgrade cause this?

or meybe this had something to do with it?

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=51789

Last edited: