The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

buying cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mpi, Apr 14, 2006.

1. mpi

mpi Well-Known Member

okay so my 15-day trial end tomorrow, april 15th.

the $425 one-time-one-year is a bit too much for me at the time so i've decide to go with one of the companies which provide it monthly...i found one for $30/month.

my uqstions are:

1. whre is the absolute cheapest place to get it?

and

2. if i go through a reseller and not cpanel itself, will i have to reinstall everything with what the reseller give me? or do i just go to some file and change my access code or something?

can someone explain this?

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

The cheapest way is to get a dedicated server from a datacenter that either includes it in the monthly price or offers it at the internal cost ($20~$30 usually). Otherwise you're looking at resellers which provide external licensing at around $50~$55 (search for cPanel licensing on google). They will register your current IP address through themselves, there's nothing you need to do WRT server configuration for a resold license.

3. mpi

mpi Well-Known Member

dad

i already have a dedicated server...i'm collocating it but since its collo, they don't offer anything like cpanel...etc....they just provide space/connection/power.

so does that mean i'm stuck with the $55?

also, how can i find out when my cpanel expires? and when it does expire, does my whole server go down or will i just not be able to login to whm or cpanel?

4. mpi

mpi Well-Known Member

dsadsa

okay, so i just bought cpanel from cplicensing.net and got it activated instatly....they were the cheapest ones i found....but anyway, i don't know if that's what caused it but when i login to the cpanel, i see:

Code:
     [COLOR="Red"]No contact email has been set. You will be unable to receive notifications or reset your password if you do not set a contact email address.[/COLOR]
    and then when i go and set an emaill address, it says "Contact Email has been set to me@earthlink.net for domain.com. " but when i go back to the cpanel home pag, i see the same error.....

this won't change either:
    Code:
    Last login from: None Recorded.
    i don't see how it could but did the upgrade cause this?

or meybe this had something to do with it?

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=51789

#4 mpi, Apr 14, 2006
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2006