The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bypass sender verify callout for recipients

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by deadlock, May 25, 2007.

1. deadlock

deadlock Well-Known Member

I already have a senders_whitelist set up which is working fine. However, I have one particular user who is insisting on disabling sender verify callout on his domain rather than asking me to whitelist his senders. I don't want to disable callout altogether because everybody else is happy with it, so I'm wondering how to set up a recipient whitelist in exim.conf so that this particular recipient domain only has verify = sender instead of sender/callout?

This is what my callout bit currently looks like:

Code:
      #sender verifications are required for all messages that are not sent to lists

deny            
      !verify = sender/callout
      !senders = +senders_whitelist

#1 deadlock, May 25, 2007
    Last edited: May 25, 2007
  2. cmdln

cmdln Active Member

My whitelist is working for several domains but one domain that is sending does not seem to obey the whitelist and it keeps being rejected the same.

Id like to be able to selectively white list receivers from the sender verify as well. Have you made any progress?

3. deadlock

Nope :(

At the moment I've disabled callout completely so all my other users are getting extra spam just because this one guy is being such an ass about it. I'm still hoping someone here can save me.

4. gpilot

gpilot Member

Deadlock: Any progress with this??

I am in a similar situation. I had "verify sender" and "callouts" both enabled, as well as the RBL lookups. I have one customer who does not want these enabled.(!)

I am looking for a way to enable/disable these on a per domain basis and was curious if you found a solution.

Thanks!!

5. deadlock

No I never did, I still have callout disabled globally. I live in hope that one day some kind samaritan will offer a solution...

6. SageBrian

SageBrian Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    the needs of the many outweigh the wants of the few.

I'd turn it back on, whitelist the few that they think are getting blocked, and if they aren't happy tell them you will need to setup their own dedicated server so they can run their mail with disregard to standards.

And, remove all spam filtering for them, and have the default address go to everyone.

Or tell them they can use AOL for their email service and you will gladly point their MX record for them. :)