Bypass SpamAssassin for 1 Email Account

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey hey! cPanel has the SpamAssassin whitelist tool outlined here:

which will ensure that no matter what is detected by SpamAssassin, the message will be delivered. Can you try setting that up and seeing if that works for you?

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for the clarification. I searched the docs and checked with the team, and there doesn't seem to be a way to keep it from scanning just one particular message. The whitelist option will still scan the message, but also allow it to be delivered, but I don't have a global exclude type of configuration option available.

Bashed

Dec 18, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for the clarification. I searched the docs and checked with the team, and there doesn't seem to be a way to keep it from scanning just one particular message. The whitelist option will still scan the message, but also allow it to be delivered, but I don't have a global exclude type of configuration option available.
I did not say "scan just one particular message". I said two times in both posts, bypass the filters for one EMAIL ACCOUNT. Not one email message.

Bashed

Dec 18, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
That's strange that there are every virtual option for filters incoming and outgoing but none to bypass for a specific account, especially per hosting abuse contact guidelines that they should not be filtered for abuse contacts.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I did some more digging and found this option, but this seems to only apply if you know the recipient:

"This setting allows you to edit the list of hosts or IP addresses that the system excludes from all spam checks at SMTP connection time, except recipient verification checks. The system adds any hosts or IP addresses you enter here to the /etc/trustedmailhosts file."

but I'm not seeing a similar option where you could perform the same type of filtering based on the destination address.