The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C-Panel general Setup Help

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anjayla0021, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Anjayla0021

Anjayla0021 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I have been trying for 2 days now to get my site up, and it is driving me crazy because I just cannot seem to get it working correctly.

I have a one page website that also includes some css and some Jquery. I have managed to get the ftp to work and the files are uploaded to cpanel. However, I am not sure that they are in the right place because I cannot get my site to work. They were uploaded to the public/html folder.

I uploaded a www folder which on my computer holds all the sub folder of the site. They look like this:
    >assets
    > css
    >images
    >js
    >video
    index.html

within those subdolders hold all of the elements. I have attached a screen shot of what I see on my end in cpanel hoping that someone can help with some direction as to where I put these folders so that the site will work properly. Am I doing something wrong? Sorry for my ignorance :)

website.jpg

2. JayFromEpic

JayFromEpic Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    All actual site files would need to be in the /public_html folder.

If you would like, I will pm you my skype name and if you would like someone to walk you through the process, I am more then happy to help.

3. Anjayla0021

Anjayla0021 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Great thanks!