The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CA Bundle won't save!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RawG, Jan 16, 2006.

1. RawG

RawG Member

Hi people,

I'm try to help a client install an SSL certificate issued by LiteSSL, but I'm having trouble getting the CA Bundle to work in cPanel...

I first setup their account with a dedicated IP address, generated a CSR, had the client buy a signed certificate and send it back to me, and then installed it on the server.

I was able to get SSL working, though through the SSL Installer in cPanel, no matter what I try, it always says that it can't find the CA bundle. I've even tried pasting the CA bundle into the correct file via the command line, but cPanel still can't find it. Subsequently, it looks like I'm getting an untrusted error when trying to view the site in SSL mode in my web-browser.

What should I do???

2. PDM

PDM Active Member

From what I've read SSL certs have to be installed in WHM.

I don't think they'll work installed in cPanel.

3. RawG

RawG Member

Hi PDM,

Well, thats the thing... I've tried installing it via WHM too, with the same result... just wont save the CA bundle. Even after pasting the CA bundle into the corresponding file via command line, both WHM and cPanel say they can't locate the CA bundle...

kinda weird...

4. Izzee

Izzee Well-Known Member

CMIIW but I think you have to download the CABundle from their (Litessl) web site as the one that comes with the cert is out of date. I Read that on the forums somewhere but can't remember which ssl company it pertained to.

http://www.litessl.com/installing_certificate/index.html

:)

5. Harryhood

Harryhood Well-Known Member

Make sure you have the following in the virtual hosts ssl entry for the domain

SSLEnable
    SSLCertificateFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/some.domain.com.crt
    SSLCertificateKeyFile /usr/share/ssl/private/some.domain.com.key
    SSLCACertificateFile /usr/share/ssl/certs/some.domain.com.cabundle.crt

Paste this text in the file specified in the SSLCACertificateFile line and restart apache.