The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cache Directory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PCZero, Oct 13, 2015.

1. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

Recently all of the accounts on my server have a cache directory at the home root level. What is this directory caching?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

To clarify, are you referring to a /home/$username/cache location? Have you entered the directory to see the type of content stored?

Thank you.

3. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

Yes sir that is what I am talking about. I did go into the directory and investigate. I see a HUGE umber of files, mostly 0 bytes and a very few others are 7 bytes, all named cache_*. There is a single file other than those named horde_cache_gc. This (of course) indicates it has something to do with horde. o my knowledge, none of my sites use horde, then again my knowledge of that software, its use and funcationality, is lacking.

4. Jescp

Jescp Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This happened to me after an update of some sort last night, on 2 different cPanel VPSs. Every single user has a new directory /home/$username/cache with around 80 randomly-generated cache_* files each in them. I can't seem to find anything about it in the release notes, the data in the cache directory isn't forthcoming about what's in there (though I admittedly didn't examine all 2755 new files), and I'm a bit concerned that something's been activated that I might not want, or at least ought to be able to configure before switching on.

Please answer the OP's question.

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It should just be the Horde cache files, but please feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can review the files and verify they are legitimate. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.