The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CageFS and mysql

Discussion in 'CloudLinux' started by 4u123, Oct 8, 2012.

1. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Hi, had a problem today on a fresh install of CL and CageFS - if I enable a user in CageFS - instantly they cannot access mysql, if I disable CageFS for that user, they can. A customer told me that if they changed their connection string to use 127.0.0.1 as the database server hostname instead of localhost, they can connect to mysql. I've not had this problem on any other servers. MySQL version 5.1

Any suggestions?

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello 4u123,

First of all, are you using DSO + mod_ruid2 with a chroot in any way? Under that environment, you'll have this type of issue if you chroot the users to /home

Is the CloudLinux license through us (cPanel) at License Verification - cPanel Inc. or directly through CloudLinux? If the license is through us, could you submit a ticket for us to see why this might be happening?

Of note, Igor might well be able to answer here in a bit, but this way we can try to see if this is answerable sooner.

Please post the ticket number here after submitting one to us if you have the CloudLinux license through cPanel.

Thanks!

3. 4u123

4u123 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Hi Tristan,

No, we are just using PHP 5.2 with suphp on that server. The licence is thru cpanel. I'll try a few things then if I get stuck I'll raise a ticket.