The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CalDAV and CardDAV DNS Zone entries

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by vortexbased, May 20, 2015.

1. vortexbased

vortexbased Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    My server was upgraded to 11.50.0.4 and CalDAV as well as CardDAV are now available.

I only realized it when I create a subdomain and checked the DNS zone afterwards.

It added a bunch of entries like these:
    cpcalendars.subdomain.mydomain.com.
    _caldav._tcp.subdomain.mydomain.com.
    _caldavs._tcp.subdomain.mydomain.com.
    _carddav._tcp.subdomain.mydomain.com.
    _carddavs._tcp.subdomain.mydomain.com.
    _caldav._tcp.subdomain.mydomain.com.
    _caldavs._tcp.subdomain.mydomain.com.
    _carddav._tcp.subdomain.mydomain.com.
    _carddavs._tcp.subdomain.mydomain.com.
    cpcontacts.subdomain.mydomain.com.

Looks super messy and is inconsistent. It did not add any of those for the actual main domain or www. and they seem kinda pointless for subdomains.

Also, where is the announcement and some documentation? According to the related feature request, this is still in pre-release? https://features.cpanel.net/topic/caldav-support-shared-calendars

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  3. vortexbased

vortexbased Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you for the links.

Would it be possible to add configuration options in terms of the records created in the DNS Zone? I think 99% of my clients would not need them for subdomains (other than www.), so it would be nice to set it to not create them for subdomains.

Also, the "important" records have not being created, those for the domain/www. which most people would use. Any chance to get an option to have them created for existing domains?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The "_tcp" entries in the zone stem from the following option in "WHM >> Tweak Settings", under the "Domains" tab:

"Thunderbird and Outlook autodiscover and autoconfig support (enables proxy subdomain and SRV record creation)"

You can disable this option if you prefer these entries are not automatically added to the zone. However, it's not possible to enable this for the primary domain name and not the subdomains.

I can not reproduce this issue. Could you post the output of a zone file in CODE tags after creating a test account (e.g. cptest01.com)?

Thank you.