The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CalDAV Nextcloud dominated by cpdavd

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by lorio, Mar 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. lorio

lorio Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    When trying to connect to the CalDAV of the websapp Nextcloud via iOS (working fine with other clients) there seems to be some kind of redirection to the cpdavd.
    There is a complete URL https://just.domain.tld/remote.php/dav/principals/users/user01/ which should prevent that iOS Calendar connects to cpdavd.

But the log shows something different:
    user01 [03/06/2017:16:39:42 -0000] "PROPFIND" FAILED LOGIN cpdavd: Could not fetch system home directory for user01

Which is a correct error message since the user01 is only created in the nextcloud webapp. So why is iOS and cpdavd trying to get along?

The main issue might be the "smartness" of the iOS, but I wonder how I can perhaps prevent that smartness via a setting on the cpanelserver/account to ensure a smooth access to the nextcloud caldav.

Anyone else with this kind of issue with iOS calendar (iOS 10.2.1 was used for testing)?
    Deactivating cpdavd didn't helped. I deleted the DNS dav entries too. I used a subdomain.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look to see what's happening? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

3. lorio

lorio Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks for your response. I'm currently investigating the discovery dav process on iOS.
    It worked after not using the full URL but only the main domain in the URL. There is some redirection for certain auto-discovery paths in Nextcloud. But I think the iOS was able to access some DNS records for dav from the cache. Even after deleting them from then DNS. Sorry for being too quick. I should have waited 48h to keep DNS caches issues to a minimum. Currently I won't waste more of your time with opening a ticket. If I can reproduce the issue and isolate the source to something relating to Cpanel I will report back.