Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

CalDAV not syncing via macOS/iOS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Remyx11, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Remyx11

Remyx11 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi guys,

I've looked across a lot of forums but somehow i'm the only one having this problem or my searching capabilities are really bad (which is a possibility).

I'm really fan of the Apple ecosystem; calendar, reminders, mail etc. So I created a CalDAV for my company to use within these apps. Installation via my hosting went like it should and it seems working as intended.

However for some reason I can do some things only in Horde (which i find horrible and not the idea of the use of Apple ecosystem). Whenever I want to create a new calendar, change the color, name or adding travel time to a location inside the Calendar app of macOS they get rejected and it disappears (same goes for iOS). All these things need to be done in Horde, which, once again, I don't like.

Delegate inside Calendar gives some errors as well, not sure if it has anything to do with that. It says it can't find the calendar on the server.

Is there a solution for this, or at least something else then Horde?

Thanks.

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @Remyx11

Because horde CardDav and CalDav are only available in webmail with horde at this time. I'd like to know about the errors you're receiving can you provide me with exact replication steps so I can try and replicate the issue you're having with delegation?

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Remyx11

Remyx11 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi @cPanelLauren,

Thanks for the reply. So, if I'm right, me not being able to change the color, name and travel time of events etc in macOS is because of Horde?

All of my steps are in Dutch, so I'll do my best to translate it for you.

First I went to my own cPanel dashboard > calendars and contacts > copied the manual settings displayed for cPanel there. In macOS I made a new Internet Account via general macOS settings, only for the Calendar and Reminders. I logged in using the account settings of my website/mail. Inside the Calendar app I've updated the server settings.

- mail.example.com
    - /rpc/principals/info@example.com/
    - port 2080

So, I can see everything inside the Calendar app with the errors I mentioned before. If I go to "delegate" inside the Calendar app settings, nothing is displayed there. I can click "change" bottom right (that's how its called for me, not sure if that's the right translation) it will then load for a bit and give me this error; "The server gave an error; the calendar isn't found on the server."

4. Remyx11

Remyx11 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
  5. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @Remyx11

I apologize for the delay, I've been trying to replicate this but I'm hitting some roadblocks. Can you show me screenshots of exactly what you're changing or attempting to do?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...