Calendar and Contacts Server (CCS) plugin

smurf

Jun 4, 2009
Interested if anyone has any experience with the Calendar and Contacts Server (CCS) plugin?

I note the plugin is marked as 'experimental' by cPanel.

And the Github repo I believe behind the Calendar and Contacts Server is marked as 'Archived' and is no longer developed: apple/ccs-calendarserver

We have a lot of clients regularly asking for a better calendar service. The Horde one simply does not cut it and hasn't for years. In a lot of cases it's the calendar which pushes them towards G Suite / O365. Is it worth installing & using the Calendar and Contacts Server (CCS) plugin or do cPanel have plans for something else?

Thanks!

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
HI @smurf

Interested if anyone has any experience with the Calendar and Contacts Server (CCS) plugin?

I note the plugin is marked as 'experimental' by cPanel.
The plugin is experimental right now but that will most likely change around v92 of cPanel & WHM. I know I personally use it and I've been happy with it.

And the Github repo I believe behind the Calendar and Contacts Server is marked as 'Archived' and is no longer developed: apple/ccs-calendarserver
You are correct, this is the github repo behind it and it is no longer maintained. We are maintaining our own fork of this.

We have a lot of clients regularly asking for a better calendar service. The Horde one simply does not cut it and hasn't for years. In a lot of cases it's the calendar which pushes them towards G Suite / O365. Is it worth installing & using the Calendar and Contacts Server (CCS) plugin or do cPanel have plans for something else?
I can't tell you if you'll think this is worth installing, personally I am using it and like it, the PO for the team which implemented it said the same. I'd suggest you try it out and decide for yourself whether or not you find it useful.

Reactions: smurf