Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

SOLVED Call to UAPI install_ssl returns meta refresh to https

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by swbrains, May 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. swbrains

swbrains Well-Known Member

Hi,

I just moved my site to a new cPanel server from an existing cPanel server (both CentOS 7). The old cPanel was v68 but this one shows v70 (don't know if it's relevant for this issue). I had a Perl script that worked fine on the old server by calling:

http://subdomain.example.com:2082/execute/SSL/install_ssl

during a POST method to send the CRT and KEY data to the API to install a wildcard cert on the given subdomain.

But on the new server, instead of returning valid JSON code, it returns an HTML page with a meta refresh command that points to the same URL above, but with HTTPS:.

This same call worked on the old server so I can't figure out if there's some different settings that cause this that I haven't set up on the new server or what else might be causing it. Is there a setting in cPanel that somehow causes redirects to a secure version of API calls?

I have checked the parameters being sent and they all appear correct:
    -The domain is the subdomain and matches the one in the URL for the API call.
    -The cert and key are valid data strings that match the certificate and key of the wildcard cert.
    -The cabundle is blank but was also blank in the past when installing on the old server, so I don't know if that's a problem now for some reason.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @swbrains,

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look at the affected system and attempt to reproduce the issue? You can post the ticket number here and I'll link this thread to the ticket.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. swbrains

swbrains Well-Known Member

Thanks. Actually, I realized this was due to a setting in WHM->Tweak Settings. I believe it was "Non-SSL redirect destination" that affected the call and redirected it even though SSL wasn't installed yet. When I disabled SSL redirection, it worked.

cPanelMichael likes this.