Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Can 2 users access the same cpanel account?

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by ricteo, Apr 30, 2012.

1. ricteo

ricteo Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi guys,
    I am new to WHM and need some help.
    I can only allow my users access to certain features like the email accounts and statistics.
    They are not allowed to view phpAdmin and file manager.

So at the WHM panel, i create a new feature using the feature manager and create a new package.
    I then allocated the newly created feature to the new package.

When creating new user accounts, i assign them to the package (limited features).

I then login to their cpanel using the username and password i created to verify that they are able to login.
    Also, i checked that they are only seeing features that they are allowed to see.

Only i am allowed to edit the phpAdmin and file manager on their cpanel accounts.

I then login to cpanel using the reseller username and password.
    It shows a dropdown listing all the domains i have created using the WHM manager.

However, when i browse to the cpanel of the domain, i am also unable to see the file manager and phpAdmin.

Can anyone help me on this?

Appreciate:)

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    As Reseller or root use logged into a users account there are some things not available to you. For phpMyAdmin you can get to every database in WHM > SQL Services > phpMyAdmin

While not as full featured as cPanel's File Manager, this addon from ConfigServer services is very handy to have:
    ConfigServer Explorer

To answer your question:
    "Can 2 users access the same cpanel account?"

No, not without using the same exact login. Bu there is a Feature Request you might be interested in signing onto, here:
    http://forums.cpanel.net/f145/multiple-cpanel-logins-cpanel-subusers-case-44353-a-77145.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...