Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Can a reseller account have multiple shared IP's

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ericgrigsby, Jan 13, 2007.

1. ericgrigsby

ericgrigsby Registered

Can a reseller account be setup to have multiple shared IP's so that can stack sites on each shared IP instead each site having a dedicated ip by itself?

2. adept2003

adept2003 Well-Known Member

Not too sure what you mean by "stack sites", but you can assign multiple IPs to a reseller account through WHM >> Resellers >> Reseller Center >> Reseller Modifications >> Manage Ip Delegation

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ericgrigsby

ericgrigsby Registered

Better Explanation

I setup a reseller account and delegate 3 IP's.

Basically I have 1 IP that is shared, whatever it is set too, and 2 IP that could attached unique sites. But the 2 extra IP can only be used for once site. However, I would like all 3 IP to accept multiple sites, to act as shared ips. All IP's are different a-block so I want to be able to cross-link site a and site b, which is about pets. Site C and D are about cell phones, so I want to reuse the same IP's and I can cross-link these sites. So I am essentially stacking multiple websites, related to different industries one on top of the other using the same ip address, without locking them into being only used by 2 sites exclusively.

Does this make more sense?