The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can anyone help with cPanel and Backberry

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by parman, Apr 9, 2011.

1. parman

parman Registered

Hi
    I am having problems with the email accounts linked to blackberry devices.
    The sent and deleted emails are building up until the account goes over quota.
    The same accounts are also linked to outlook and if accesed through it the emails are deleted.
    I see the reference to accessing sent and trash folders in BlackBerry® FastMail Service but am unable to edit the user name on the blackberry to add /sent etc as there is no way in BIS to edit this.
    I see other people have had this problem but I cannot find an answer in the forum to stop it from happening.
    Thank you in advance for your time.
    James

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Assuming on the BB that the account is setup to use IMAP. IMAP leaves a copy of the emails on the server to be synced with other devices or email clients.

Assuming here that the account created in Outlook is setup to use POP3. POP3 will download all mail from the server.

I'm not sure I understand you on this last part.

If you wish to use IMAP (that leaves a copy of email on server) there are some settings in WHM that might help with the account going over quota.

WHM > Service Configuration > Mailserver Configuration > IMAP Empty Trash