The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can anyone recommend good billing software

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Robert_, Oct 14, 2008.

?

Best billing system

1. WHMCS

14 vote(s)
    77.8%
  2. WHM AutoPilot

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Modernbill/pleskbilling

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. other

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Robert_

Robert_ Well-Known Member

I still have license for modern bill, haven't been using it though. And with all the negative comments I have been looking at whmcs and whmautopilot. So if you could recommend one that would help me decide what to get/setup.

2. Australian Host

Australian Host Registered

Hello we use WHMCS and absolutely LOVE it!

Regards,
    Robyn

#2 Australian Host, Oct 17, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  3. Robert_

Thanks for replying. Been leaning towards WHMCS.

4. icecube01

icecube01 Member

here is one that i use

I use AWBS for billing. Your servers integrate in the programe and your fully able to offer webhosting they have many addons and integrations pricing per lease by month is around $17 or you can purchase the script.....

I highly do recomend this script and its fully writen in PHP that does require zend to install

http://awbs.com

5. markb14391

markb14391 Well-Known Member

I can't say that I've ever heard a good thing about ModernBill, and I've heard lots of bad. I've evaluated AWBS and WHMCS, and in general I find WHMCS much more intuitive and easier to set up. WHMCS integrates into your website, whereas AWBS basically gives you a website and then you have to edit it and wrap your content around the pre-configured AWBS site. That integration seemed much more difficult than integrating WHMCS, but that might be my own personal preference.

There is a known issue in AWBS with the PayPal API...make sure in your PayPal setup (on PayPal, not in WHMCS) that you leave your PayPal IPN URL blank. Check the forums for details. Aside from that issue (which can totally be avoided), I like everything in WHMCS...a LOT.

One hint: Both AWBS and WHMCS offer eNom reseller accounts, but the ones from AWBS have better pricing...about 50 cents cheaper for domains, and several dollars cheaper for SSLs.

6. Robert_

Thanks for the replys. WHMCS looks to be the more popular option and I think I will be using them. AWBS looked pretty good but there forum was virtually empty.