The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can client sites be imported from Parallel Pro?

Discussion in 'Migrate to cPanel' started by Jonathan More, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Jonathan More

Jonathan More Active Member

Hi.

I have in my shared hosting service Parallels Pro Control Panel 10.3.4 without root access.
    It seems to have export/import option where can be set FTP information and choose type of export, reseller or sites.

Could this be something I can use to migrate my client sites and emails into new dedicated server with cpanel?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I've moved your thread to the Migrations forum.

cPanel does provide Migration services, but there are a few details you'd need to know about that are listed here:
    cPanel Migration Services - cPanel Inc.

Assuming you've read that already, without root access I'm not sure how tough the task is going to be. I guess that depends on the needs of the accounts you've got to move.

Hopefully one of the friendly guys on the cPanel Migration Team will see this thread and be able to provide a more definitive answer for you.

3. praveenkv1988

praveenkv1988 Member

You can use the cpanel migration link in your WHM. That will copy some scripts to your plesk server and do the migration.

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Without root level access or a user who can sudo su to root level, the WHM > Transfers area will not work for this user, praveenkv1988.

As for the import and export options, those are for Plesk to Plesk servers. Unfortunately, these will not function under cPanel to perform a migration.