The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can cPanel Benefit Site Speed Performance?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bludragon44, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Bludragon44

Bludragon44 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Im very new to this. Probably an obvious solution. Wondering how Cpanel may benefit site performance speed if a site contains a lot of images and videos. Which methods could I consider in order to get the best of what Cpanel can offer?

2. Jcats

Jcats Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Depends on what level of access you have on the server. The best performance I can find is running EasyApache to utilize DSO/mod_ruid2 and disabling suphp. Running the latest version of PHP(5.6) and selecting zend opcache in the PHP options list. Running DSO will significantly increase memory usage so you will want to take that into consideration. But I don't think any of this matters depending on what level of access you have to cPanel. If you have a shared account with just cPanel access, you may want to look into something like CloudFlare, and take advantage of any caching your site may be able to use.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Your access level is listed as "Website Owner", indicating you may not have root access to the system. If that's the case, then as mentioned, you could look into a service such as CloudFlare if your goal is to speed up your website's load time.

Thank you.