The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can cPanel migrate from VPS/Plesk?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JBarbosa, Oct 18, 2006.

1. JBarbosa

JBarbosa Registered

:rolleyes: Hi guys.
    I'm running a VPS with Plesk 7.5.4 migrated fine from cPanel 9 reseller account by Plesk Migration Manager. But now I'm tired of Plesk hermetic problems and I want to return to cPanel (VPS). I contacted a web hosting company using cPanel for its VPS and the Admin said: "We cannot perform migrations from a Plesk system to a cPanel system, unfortunately, as they are incompatible platforms." This is true?!!

2. NightStorm

NightStorm Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Yes, and No.
    Yes, it is incompatible, in the sense that cPanel Migration System only support Plesk 6.x and down.
    No, in the sense that it does support Plesk, and will migrate some of the stuff over. You'll want to do a search to find out what steps would need to be taken, such as mailbox resets, subdomain recreation, mailing list migration, and such.
    cPanel is currently updating their Migration system to support the latest Plesk builds, but they're not exactly racing through it.
    http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=2788 is tracking the progress.

3. JBarbosa

JBarbosa Registered

Thanks!!

Thanks a lot dear NightStorm for your fine support!! Now I will expect for this cPanel update in order to scape from Plesk. :D

4. Spiral

Spiral BANNED

Absolutely! This is very easy to do and I do it all the time!

Contact me if you need help moving from your Plesk 7.5.4 VPS to a Cpanel server!