The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can easyapache be used standalone?

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by keddie, Mar 16, 2009.

1. keddie

keddie Well-Known Member

Could the easy apache scripts be used on their own on a system that doesn't have cpanel?

I have a Centos 5.2 VPS with apache 2 installed on it (no cpanel) and I really miss the easyness of installing PHP and PHP modules with easyapache. Especially since the standard centos yum repos only include PHP up to 5.1.6.

Maybe cpanel / WHM has made me a lazy admin ;)

Ked

2. Gene Steinberg

Gene Steinberg Well-Known Member

That and other factors convinced me to acquire cPanel for myself when I migrated to a server on which it wasn't installed (it had Plesk, which is the pits, to put it bluntly). There are third-party companies that can "lease" you the license on a monthly basis, if you don't want to pay for it all upfront. Really, just the quality of their tech support makes it worth the expense. Few hosts do as well.

Peace,
    Gene

3. keddie

keddie Well-Known Member

Good point Gene, although it seems a bit heavy handed to install the entire cpanel suit when I'm only going to be running a single instance of apache. Also, it would end up consuming an additional 200mb of RAM.

It would be cool if there was a cut down version of cpanel for managing single instances of apache / php / mysql.

Even better for me would be the ability to just install easyapache and go from there.

Hey ho, guess I'll just have to do it the hard way :)