The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can filter send message to more than one place?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JJAC, Jun 6, 2010.

1. JJAC

JJAC Member

I would like to have a copy of certain specific messages forwarded to another e-mail, as well as go to the user's Inbox. Is there any way I can set up filters to do that?

2. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I don't know off hand if the filters can send to a few addresses but I know that fowarders can. You can always have it sent to a forwarding address that sends the email to whomever you would like.

3. JJAC

JJAC Member

Thank you for your response, but the issue is that I want to forward only certain messages (based on filter settings), while also having copies go to the regular inbox.

I guess I could set up a forwarder to forward all messages, and then filter them at the destination mailbox. But, I'm still curious whether within the filter settings themselves, I can have a message go to more than one destination.

4. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I actually was saying setup the filter and have the filter condition send it to a forward, that way only the messages that meet the conditions get sent to the forward.

5. JJAC

JJAC Member

John:

Now I see what you are saying. My issue is not really forwarding the filtered message to multiple places, rather I want to both forward it and have it go to the regular Inbox.

I played around with the filters, and have discovered that I can.

Thank you for your assistance.