Can I disable mysql strict mode in one cagefs account only?

DingoBlue

Dec 3, 2010
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I am using on a VPS service:
WHM 68.0.30
MySQL 5.6.38
php 7.1.15

I have root access in WHM.

I host several sites, all in a cagefs environment. Most use MySQL and currently all are set to strict mode (sql_mode='NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION').

For 1 account, I would like to change this to:
sql_mode=IGNORE_SPACE,NO_ZERO_IN_DATE,NO_ZERO_DATE,ERROR_FOR_DIVISION_BY_ZERO,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION

I understand that where at all possible Strict Mode should be left as the MySQL default as to do otherwise has some risk of db corruption if the users code is not what it should be.

Is it possible to change strict mode for a single account? If it is, how can I accomplish this? I assure you I have tried but cannot get it to "take". I have edited my.cnf within cagefs/sitexxx/etc but no effect.

Any assistance greatly appreciated.
Regards

24x7server

Apr 17, 2013
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

Is it possible to change strict mode for a single account?
No, that is no possible. Isolation of my.cnf is not yet implemented. Only application isolation has been accomplished thus far and not the database server isolation..

DingoBlue

Dec 3, 2010
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi 24x7server, thank you for that information. Iwas afraid that was going to be the answer as I don't like compromising users if I can avoid it.

Regards

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

I'm glad to see the earlier post helped to answer your question. Let us know if you require any additional assistance.

Thank you.