Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I encrypt/hash my cP password? (API2)

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by KuroiNekoDev, Mar 6, 2018.

1. KuroiNekoDev

KuroiNekoDev Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi, I'm creating a little system for manage email accounts but due some people can access to our server (ftp), can I hash/encrypt or something to my cP password?

I'm using the XML-API class (I found it on GitHub) and the functions available for API 2

(btw, I know this will be deprecated after the WHM/CP 70, but I want to finish it and later update to UAPI because it was taking a lot of time make it and update it will be modify a lot of codes.)

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    KuroiNekoDev likes this.
  3. KuroiNekoDev

KuroiNekoDev Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner

Thanks! :-p

Another question... I use eleven2 hosting, and they set in their Firewall for temporally block the user IP when it reach 25 connections at the same time... How can I close my connection after one request to the API for avoid that?

(btw, I can't access to https://forums.cpanel.net/account/personal-details :(:oops: )

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You generally shouldn't have to do anything special unless your PHP script isn't exiting properly. That's more of a PHP development question. You are likely to receive more feedback to that type of question on a website such as StackOverflow.

That page is only accessible after you've spent some as an active user on the cPanel Forums (e.g. reached a certain number of posts).

Thank you.

KuroiNekoDev likes this.