The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can i forward all emails sent to e.g. harry.com to potter.com through Cpanel or WHM ?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by cpanoz2, Dec 4, 2005.

1. cpanoz2

cpanoz2 Registered

Hi

I need to "forward" all emails sent to any "existing pop3 account" sent to aa.com to an alternative domain like bb.com

i know that there is a feature in CPanel -> Mail -> Email Domain Forwarding. But this feature will forward "only the UNROUTED" emails ... but won't forward an email sent to an existing pop3 account like "harry@aa.com" to the "harry@bb.com"

Please advice with any possible solution for that ...

thank you very much...

2. fizz

fizz Well-Known Member

You could change the MX record on the domain, this would make all email goto another server, not to a domain really. This might help..

3. aby

aby Well-Known Member

No... You should be able to do what you are looking for using email forwarders from cpanel.

4. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, that won't work. Mail is routed on a domain basis, not a server basis.

If you have a handful of accounts on your domain, the previous advice of setting up email forwarders is on the money.

If you have a large number of addresses, and/or don't want to update it each time an address changes, then you're looking at something outside of CP/WHM such as custom scripts or alias files/filters, etc.