The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can i get email notification each time error_log added/increased?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by basketmen, Mar 26, 2012.

1. basketmen

basketmen Well-Known Member

Each time our site got error messages, is stored in a file, called error_log, in ftp right?

i wonder can i get notification to email each time new error message added/increased?

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Where is the error_log file that you are wanting to have emails sent about? There are multiple files on a server called error_log including /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log, /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log ones. If you are talking about the one that you might have at /home/username/public_html location, then please specify the location.

A cron could be used to email whenever the time changes on the error_log file with the details for that file, but you might then end up with a large influx of emails. You would be better off having changed content emailed at set intervals instead (such as a check every 30 or 60 minutes for updates to the file and then emails if there were entries posted to it).

3. basketmen

basketmen Well-Known Member

yes you are right, in /home/username/public_html

it is better we can get email notification for errors too, since some of us not to often accessing+checking the ftp

can you give what is the cron command looks like or the right tutorial link for it? i think no problem for getting many email notification as not many errors i get in error_log file too, but the response or notification is the most important, so can fixing the problem asap

thank you before