The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I host my OWN website on cPanel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by asharfivig, Jun 17, 2007.

1. asharfivig

asharfivig Registered

Hi,

I would like to know that is it possible to host your own website? I mean, if I purchase the cPanel software, can I only run my own website? I looked at the domains, but what I understand they're for people who want to start web hosting service. I don't want to start my own service, but I want to run my own website + community forums. Basically, I want to run forums and I've tried softwares like Apache, PHP, and Mysql, but those ones are confusing. Like, you have to edit codes and all that stuff. Please guide me on what kinda stuff/software I need to run a website with forums, etc. Thanks for your time and please reply soon.

2. eNetHosts

eNetHosts Well-Known Member

You need to find a webhost that hosts a cPanel "shared" package. Shared is a term used for multiple accounts on one server.

Your site would require a domain name which needs to be pointed to a server but usally most hosts can register a domain name for you. Leave all the technical stuff to them and they'll help get you set up.

Oh and just a side note: This isn't really the right place to ask this question, google's good :)

This is where all the technical conversations go on between developers and hosts etc