The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I link to auto-login WHM and go to "list accounts" page? (with search even better)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ishware, Mar 19, 2014.

1. Ishware

Ishware Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Okay, so I have determined that on my local machine, which I trust completely, I have set up a bookmark as follows:

https://myserver:2087/login?user=someuser&pass=somepass

This will log me into WHM, which is brilliant and makes my life so much easier.

There's one little step, though, that would make life even better: Is there a way to pass in the arguments the destination page I want? For example, I want to auto-login and go to:

https://myserver:2087/cpsess8675309/scripts4/listaccts

Even BETTER would be to pass along search args like:

?search=something&searchtype=domain_and_user&acctp=30

Is there any way at all to construct a URL to get me to either of those steps? Pweeeease? :)

Alternatively, I'm just playing around with JSON to create accounts from an external script. Is there a way I can create the account via JSON, then construct a URL to log into that account's cPanel automatically? Especially if, again, I can direct to a certain page - I do a couple of standard things (set up abuse@ and postmaster@, for example) that I know I can eventually automate, but it's common for me to use Softaculous to install Wordpress for the site, for example, so a link to click to go to the Wordpress install page in Softaculous as a link after creating a site would be amazing...

Meanwhile, my massive thanks to cPanel allowing that first URL to get me into WHM. It saves me so much headache every day... :)

2. robb3369

robb3369 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    IMHO, I would NEVER pass a username/password in the URL... Always do a HTTPS post to get your password and other sensitive data inside the secure payload and NOT in the URL... If there are any proxies between you and the server, your root credentials would become known. I'd get a good password safe like Roboform instead...

As far as standard abuse@ or postmaster@ accounts, are you looking for server wide settings? If so, there are alot of examples from Chirpy for forwarding all postmaster@ and abuse@ email accounts to your server's root email forwarder.
    http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/postmaster-abuse-fail-32703.html

And, as far as automating Softaculous, they actually have a WHMCS module that allows that at account creation. Also check their website for further information on that. The cPanel blog also has an example of doing it as well:
    Frequently Asked Scripts: “How do I automate XYZ after creating an account?” | cPanel Blog
    cPanel & WHM's SDK

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator