The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I restore incremental backups to another server?

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by ruiz, Dec 26, 2010.

1. ruiz

ruiz Active Member

Hi there,

Lets say i have 2 servers:
    1. "Webserver" with a couple accounts active and cpanel running
    2. "Backupserver" with no accounts at all and cpanel running

I just configured "Webserver" to backup his data to a NFS share folder on "Backupserver" using the cpanel backup utility. Also, i selectd "Incremental Backup" so i dont need to move all 100Gb everyday. I can restore all accounts to the "webserver" with no problems at all, but i also need to be able to restore those backup'd accounts to "Backupserver".

So, I configured the backup utility on "Backupserver" as "Restore Only" and put the correct backup path, but when i click on "restore backups" i get the "daily" button, amd after i click on it I only get a empty list. I double checkd and all the account backups are there, however the "Backupserver" cannot see those accounts. Is it possible to do what i need? Thanks

2. ruiz

ruiz Active Member

Just figured out...

I also need to have "Incremental Backup" selected on the backup options of the server i'll restore the accounts. Now it's working just fine :)

#2 ruiz, Dec 26, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  3. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I seem to forget that every time myself, good to know I'm not the only one that forgets to do that ;)