Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Can I run cpanel vps optimized on xen?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rdutton, Sep 23, 2010.

1. rdutton

rdutton Registered

Just wondering whether the vps optimized version of cpanel will run in a xen vps? I am planning on installing xen onto an existing debian(Lenny) 64-bit dedicated server. Each vps would be centos/cpanel - only one at this stage.

I understand xenserver is supported, but is that too different from debian with xen installed?

Any other suggestions for vps platforms? The only thing that I am fixed on is having a debian-based host.

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This will work

cPanel works well inside a Xen virtual environment. Since you mention using CentOS in the actual VEs, I do not foresee a problem. It will not matter what the host OS for the hardware node is. Just install a minimal installation of CentOS, and cPanel should install and work fine.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Have dozens & dozens xen centos running with with cpanel

as cPanelJared said the node OS make no difference

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...