The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can I somehow patch PHP on server with cpanel???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by x-man, Jan 30, 2006.

1. x-man

x-man Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I must patch php with patch on http://pdoru.from.ro/ but I don`t know is that possible on server with cpanel??
    Can I somehow edit /scripts/easyapache or I must install php/apache etc. without cpanel if I want this??

I like "easyapache" script but also I must install this patch for php!!

Please somebody help me...

Thanks.

2. atorreso

atorreso Member

Bump,

Would like to know myself.

3. sparek-3

sparek-3 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Just manually install PHP. Run easyapache first and compile PHP the way you want it. Then create a phpinfo page:

PHP:
    <?php
    phpinfo
    ();
    ?>
    put that page someplace where it is web accessible, then use your browse to view that page. Look for the part that says Configure Command. This will be the configure line that was used to compile PHP on your machine.

Now in a shell, download the PHP version and extract it. Download this patch and apply the patch to the PHP source. Then run the configure line. For example if you are installing PHP 4.4.2 you could do the following:

Code:
    wget http://layer1.cpanel.net/buildapache/1/php-4.4.2.tar.gz
    tar -zxf php-4.4.2.tar.gz
    cd php-4.4.2
    then you would need to download the patch and apply it. I don't know what the specific instructions for applying this patch would be. Then continue with your configuration:

Code:
    ./configure ...
    make
    make install
    Obviously, substitute the ./configure line (remove the single quotes around the word ./configure) from your phpinfo page, then run make and then make install. That should be all there is to it. If you experience problems after the make install, you can always go back into easyapache and recompile PHP.