The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can not backup account

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by doanminhchau, Feb 11, 2015.

1. doanminhchau

doanminhchau Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi everyone,
    I have an account with too much mail data and mailing list data.
    I used transfer tool and set 170000 in Number of seconds an SSH connection related to an account transfer may be inactive before timing out.
    I got this error.
    copying mailman lists and archives.....
    ERROR: tcsetattr: Input/output error
    The command “echo -n ==sshcontrol && echo output==Cpanel::SSHControl::7lUAlPSEIBaZ9q0V== && /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/pkgacct --use_backups --skiphomedir '' --split --compressed --mysql; echo -n ==sshcontrol && echo output==Cpanel::SSHControl::7lUAlPSEIBaZ9q0V==” didn’t seem to finish within 15000 seconds because of an error: “1:TIMEOUT”! Captured shell output was: {c_54632382_P:c_42896664P:cPs#c_87776309_P__
    ==sshcontrol_error=RemoteSSHTimeout=TIMEOUT==

And I tried to use pkgacct script to backup in ssh screen. But there are four folder in the /home/ and a packgage: cpmove-abc.0, cpmove-abc.1, cpmove-abc-split and cpmove-abc.tar.gz. This backup process took nearly 8 hours.

Please tell me how can I backup this account and restore it on the other server?
    Can I create an account that has same name on the new server and copy data from the old server?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

It's possible the backup process failed on the initial attempt. You could delete the existing backup archives, and run another backup generation in "screen" via:

Code:
    /scripts/pkgacct $username
    Make sure there's enough disk space to complete the backup process, and then move the archive to the destination server when it's finished.

Thank you.

3. doanminhchau

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael,
    Thank for your advice.
    I think the issue come from the mailman, this account has 6 emails and too much data in the folder (nearly 30GB) /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private. I used /script/pkgacct to backup and the backup process took nearly 10 hours, and finally the backup process finished but archive can not be created.
    I tried to use the backup folder cpmove-abc to restore this account and it too nearly 8 hours to restore.
    It took much time to restore this account.
    Thanks,

#3 doanminhchau, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  4. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you verify if this post from cPanelTristan is helpful?

5. doanminhchau

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael,
    Thanks for your support,
    I cannot move user's mailman data because this server is still serving users daily.
    I tried to use /script/pkgacct to backup user, it took too long, then I have a cpmove_account folder, I tried to delete some data in cpmove_account/priv/ and the restore progess can run faster, then I use rsync to migrate data in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/private from current server to the new server.
    I think transfer tool is working perfectly, but in WHM>>Account Information>> List Account, the column Disk Used only appears 0 value. I dont know why.
    Thanks,

6. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Have you enabled quotas on the destination server? If so, try running:

Code:
    /scripts/fixquotas
    Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature if the issue persists. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

7. doanminhchau

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael,
    with your scripts /scripts/fixquotas, I tried on my testing server, this script will change quota of all users to 0M, I dont know why.
    Sorry, I have some issues with some accounts, these accounts cannot connect to phpMyadmin, I tried to change the password of these accounts in WHM and cPanel, but they still cannot connect to phpMyadmin.
    I'm using newest version of cPanel.
    Do you have any advice?
    Thanks for your support.

#7 doanminhchau, Feb 19, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2015
  8. doanminhchau

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Michael,
    I found the problems why these accounts can not connect to phpMyadmin and I tried to create an user with the same name and password on localhost: create user 'test'@'172.16.%.%' identified by 'password'.
    Then user can login to phpMyadmin.

9. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It seems like quota may not be working on your system. Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.