Can Not Download backup Due To connection lost

7tqeerabbas

Registered
Oct 30, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I am trying to download complete backup But problem is internet connection keeps on disconnecting after few minutes so i can not download backup.
I was thinking if there is anything i can do like below options.
I). Can I Resume Backup Download ( Any Method )? Or
II). Can I Email Backup to gmail address? or
III). Any Way to make backup appear on website without password so I can download it using Internet download manager then delete it from there.
IV). Or any other method or trick that can help me?
Method should be free because i don't have credit card or any other options for making online payments available in my country.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks

24x7server

Apr 17, 2013
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
III). Any Way to make backup appear on website without password so I can download it using Internet download manager then delete it from there.
Generate the full backup of your account through cPanel and once it's done move that backup file from home directory to public_html directory and download it with domianname.com/backupfilename.tar.gz URL

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

It's a really bad idea to move the backup archive to the public_html directory. This makes it available to the public so that anyone can download all of the data associated with your account. Instead, you likely want to resolve the issue with your Internet or use a different connection if it can't download a file for an extended time frame.

Thank you.

whr

Jul 25, 2009
India

It's a really bad idea to move the backup archive to the public_html directory. This makes it available to the public so that anyone can download all of the data associated with your account. Instead, you likely want to resolve the issue with your Internet or use a different connection if it can't download a file for an extended time frame.

Thank you.
Not a bad idea if the backup is removed as soon as it is downloaded.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
My advice would be to download the archive using an FTP client such as FileZilla so the archive does not have to be made public.

Thank you.

whitee

Registered
Nov 12, 2014
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider

Thank you.
you sure it will not compromise security and other privacy issues, I raise my doubt on this.