The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can not find users home dirs/sql in WHM Backup

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by vizzit, Feb 2, 2010.

1. vizzit

vizzit Member

I have a backup configured to backup to a remote drive mounted as /backups. The account and Cpanel setting seem to be saved in weekly and monthly in directories named files and dirs as _etc_***, _var_***, _usr_*** but there is no home directory backup. The logs show report as follows

[cpbackup] Started at Tue Feb 2 01:00:01 2010
    [cpbackup] Weekly Backup is up to date.
    [cpbackup] Completed at Tue Feb 2 01:00:01 2010

Did I miss something, does the whm backup backup all files in home or should I setup a seperate cron job and script?

2. vizzit

vizzit Member

I changed some options and re-saved the backup config including re-saving specific users and ticking all accounts and looks like the home directories are now saved under weekly folder.

3. rene123

rene123 Active Member

I have the same question. In which tar is my www files located? Got one named _var_lib_mysql_.tar.gz so that seems to be the sql, but where is the www files?

4. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    Per-user home directory data will be stored in a directory "homedir" or uncompressed tar archive "homedir.tar" that is saved within the unique directory or gzip-compressed tar archive of each user's full cPanel account backup; this will require that the option "Backup Accounts" is enabled via WHM: Main >> Backup >> Configure Backup.

Here is an example path for uncompressed daily backups:
    Code:
    /backup/cpbackup/daily/$username/homedir/public_html
    For compressed backups, look for an archive at a path like the following:
    Code:
    /backup/cpbackup/daily/$username.tar.gz
    Here is an example that can be used as a guide to locate the public_html directory within a full cPanel account backup; these steps include both how to generate a full cPanel account backup as well as uncompress and extract the data and subsequently locate the public_html directory; this could be performed via root SSH access while ensuring to replace "$username" with the actual cPanel account username:
    Code:
    # /scripts/pkgacct $username
    # cd /home
    # tar -xzvf cpmove-$username.tar.gz
    # cd cpmove-$username
    # tar -xvf homedir.tar -C homedir
    # cd homedir/public_html
    # ls -ahl /home/cpmove-$username/homedir/public_html