The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can not send email from outlook

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by -=MAYHEM=-MaX, Jun 1, 2003.

1. -=MAYHEM=-MaX

-=MAYHEM=-MaX Registered

Hi peoples!
    I'm kinda new to cpanel and some of the things posted in some forums I have no Idea about. (WHM, etc)

I run a website and server for an online gaming clan and the people that we have everthing hosted with, says just mess with it and it will eventually work, lol.

I have set up the email accounts but I cannot email out through outlook express. I have used the auto configurator from cpanel and I have tried changing the @ sign to every key on the key board. But nothing works, what can I change or do to get this to work. I went to www.dnsstuff.com to do a check that i saw posted ina different posting, but I really dont know what I am looking for. If you guys have any Ideas please, I will do what I can to get this fixed. Its been this a way for four months. :mad:

Thanks for you time,
    MaX

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Firstly - If your hosting company actually said "just mess with it and it will eventually work", I would take your money to another hosting company that actually can give support.

Secondly - Make sure in outlook express that the following is correct. And also that your ISP allows you to use another smtp server for sending mail other than theirs.

POP3 is your mail.domain.com
    smtp3 is your mail.domain.com
    Account Name is e-mail address
    Password is the correct password
    Log on using Secure Authentication - Not checked
    My Server requires authentication - Not checked

3. -=MAYHEM=-MaX

-=MAYHEM=-MaX Registered

Tip

Hey thanks for the tip dgbaker. I feel kinda funny because I emailed my ISP to get it fixed and they just had me change my out going mail server info to their server. It works! Maybe something to put in your handy dandy cpanel help book. lol

Thanks man!

-=MAYHEM=-LtcMaX

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: o my goosh it works!!! lol