The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

can restrict Domain Owner to SFTP and FTPs only ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by frn.linux, Sep 27, 2010.

1. frn.linux

frn.linux Registered

HI,

Newbie here :)

My aim is use Cpanel only as a file transfer management tool for the moment. I would like to allow project mangers to control their own file transfer requirements, user creation etc, each project will have a separate subdomain and each project manager will be the Domain Owner.

I wish to setup a Domain Owner Panel which only allows control over SFTP/FTP/FTPS but occasionally if required I want the Domain Owner to be able to flip on HTTPS so that external user can download via HTTPS if are behind a restrictive firewall.

I want to completely remove control for DNS, Email, Security, Shell Access, DB's etc etc.

Is Cpanel the right tool or am I trying to crack a nut with a hammer?

Cheers
    FRN

#1 frn.linux, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  2. zombo

zombo Active Member

You may do that with the cpanel package manager. Simply create a package with the things you want to allow and design it to the respective cpanel accounts. When you have need to access certain features which are usually "not allowed" you have to switch the feature set for the account to e.g. default and when you are done, you switch it back.