GloryDays

Aug 15, 2018
van nuys, ca
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I've only set up one email account through one of the domains on WHM and it was really difficult to get it to work, I can't remember why but it took awhile. I wanted to give it another shot on a different domain but again I'm having issues. I can send but nothing is getting though coming in to me. I'm using Horde as the default email. I've changed nothing from the defaults. I do have this particular domain going to a 3rd party shopping website. Any ideas on getting it to work?
Thanks

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hello @GloryDays

The following post gives guidelines on the type of information that is useful when opening forums threads: Guide To Opening An Effective Forums Thread

With that being said can you please run the following either from WHM>>Server Configuration>>Terminal or through an actual SSH session:

Code:
grep <problememailtransaction> /var/log/exim_mainlog
<problememailtransaction> should be replaced with the email address or message ID of the message you were sending to/from. When you reply please replace any actual email addresses/IP addresses

Thanks!

GloryDays

Aug 15, 2018
van nuys, ca
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I appreciate your help, but you have overestimated my abilities. I was going to just reply with the word "huh?" I was going to submit a support ticket but I can't even get logged into the customer portal. I need a login for A Small Orange, a login for WHM, a login for the forums and a login for the customer portal, which I can't get to work. Remember when you could just call tech support? Those were the days.

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hi @GloryDays

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to get logged into the customer portal I know that these days we have a lot of passwords/users to remember and it can be overwhelming. You should be able to reset your password if you don't remember it but please let me know if you are having trouble with this.

I'll try to simplify my request a little. If you're not receiving an error when trying to send mail my assumption is that it's getting marked as spam and being delivered to the spam folder or it's being rejected as such.

If the message isn't in your spam or junk folder for the email address you were sending to then we can assume it was rejected but without being able to see the email transaction it's hard to know for sure. Your profile indicates you're a root administrator so I assume you have access to WHM. That being said, the mail delivery reports interface may provide you with some further information. You can find it at WHM>>Email>>Mail Delivery Reports. Please let me know what is shown for the email you are trying to send if possible.

Thanks!

cwilson91

Registered
Aug 16, 2018
Arizona
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey @GloryDays What domain are you sending/receiving from?
Also Sounds like a delay, this can be caused by a multitude of items;
Load - you can check this by running uptime. The numbers that show will read in 1 5 15 Min intervals
Code:
1 user,  load average: 0.01, 0.02, 0.05
This is great to keep track of due to the fact if it gets too high, it can cause multitude of issues. to get a rough idea what is "high"
1.0 is a 100% of 1 core processor (more cores, higher that can be, 2.0 100% of 2 cores) if you are unsure of how to do this you can ask an admin-esque person and they can track that down in a heart beat :)

mail Queue - This can be checked by running -----
Code:
exim -bpc
-----
The higher the queue the longer the delay and again, f you are unsure of how to do this you can ask an admin-esque person and they can track that down in a heart beat :)

Have a great day
Charles
Wilson Designs