The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can send emails, but not receive

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by bobzzz, Mar 9, 2014.

1. bobzzz

bobzzz Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi. Thought I would ask here as godaddy`s customer support has not replied my customer ticket in about 3 or 4 days.

I can send emails from my cpanel webmail, but am unable to receive any mail send to any of the addresses I created.

The only error I get is this "This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed."

I did create an email with godaddy workspace and that worked, but I do not want to use the workspace option. I would like to use normal webmail. If any one could offer some help please.

Thanks

2. robb3369

robb3369 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You need to determine where your mail is actually going... Use a tool like mxtoolbox.com to see if the MX record points to your cpanel server or somewhere else.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Check to make sure your domain name is using the name servers provided by your hosting provider. Also, look for a specific error message that might indicate why the message delivery failed. Try sending to the email accounts from a mail provider such as Google to rule out any issues with the sending server.

Thank you.