Can Send Emails, But Not Receiving Them! (need help)

edmundloh

Registered
Aug 16, 2011
Hi all,

My name's Edmund. While it's my first time posting, I've been here before to look up some specific threads. I'm here again now because I don't think my Dedicated Server support could help, and they indeed referred me here again. Hope to get some answers to this as it's kinda worrying. :(

The problem I'm facing now is that I am not receiving emails from other senders, at least very late. Right now, I am getting emails sent to me but they are dated anywhere from 18 hours ago to 2 days ago. I have a few email addresses created from the cpanel of my sites at my dedicated server and they're all experiencing the same thing.

A FEW THINGS I DID AND OTHER NOTES:

1) All of these email addresses are linked to my single GMail account. I check both my GMail and webmail now in light of this issue.

2) I tested sending 3 different emails to 2 of my webmail accounts; it's been 6 hours and I still didn't get them. I am guessing if they are like the other emails, I will get them much later.

3) I am not getting any email notifications from forums I am a member of (when I participate in a thread), and as I'm also a marketer I am not getting email notifications on sales I make. Which shows I am not getting all the emails I should.

4) Ironically, I get emails from mailing lists I am subscribed to with the same email addresses.

5) I got a couple of friends phoned to tell me they got some 'bounce message' when they tried to mail me back. I will put this in the next post.

Has anyone experienced similar problems before, and know what the solution is? Hoping to get a solution to this a.s.a.p. as even my Dedicated Server support won't help!

Thanks in advance,

Edmund

edmundloh

Registered
Aug 16, 2011
Here's a copy of what a friend of mine sent to me (which also arrived 2 days later) warning me of the message when he tried to mail me back.

NOTE: I removed the email address for privacy reasons, of course.

Hey Edmund,

Got this message when i sent an email to your **@*********.com

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 12:59 PM, Mail Delivery Subsystem
<[email protected]> wrote:
> This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification
>
> THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.
>
> YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.
>
> Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:
>
> **@*********.com
>
> Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)
>
> Technical details of temporary failure:
> Connection was dropped by remote host (SENT_STARTTLS)
>
> ----- Original message -----
>
> Received: by 10.142.48.17 with SMTP id v17mr769026wfv.90.1313302711117; Sat,
> 13 Aug 2011 23:18:31 -0700 (PDT)
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> Received: by 10.68.66.162 with HTTP; Sat, 13 Aug 2011 23:18:11 -0700 (PDT)
> In-Reply-To: <[email protected]om>
> References: <[email protected]om>
> <[email protected]om>
> <[email protected]om>
> <[email protected]om>
> <[email protected]om>
> <[email protected]om>
> <[email protected]om>
> <[email protected]om> <[email protected]om>
> From: Aurelius Tjin <************@*****.com>
> Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 12:03:11 +0545
> Message-ID: <[email protected]om>